Game Night Out in Chicago runs host-lead game nights for groups of friends, families, or colleagues. With a variety of all original games, everyone can have an incredible game night out with their group.
When we began working with Game Night out, they were dissatisfied with the returns they were seeing from their ad spend, and the overall efficiency of their marketing. To attack this challenge, we used ad spend efficiency (total revenue divided by total ad spend) to drive our decision-making process.
Over the past year, we’ve performed ongoing tests without dramatically shifting the ad spend mix (between Remarketing, Prospecting, and Discovery).
At a high level, this looked like aggressively identifying areas of the campaigns and marketing flow that were underperforming.
- Were there opportunities to hone our targeting?
- Was our spend mix appropriate based on our returns?
- Was conversion rate driving down our ability to scale?
- Were we using the right placements and channels?
- What visuals and messaging drove engagement vs. action?
Through ongoing testing, creative development, and conversion rate optimization—plus working with the amazing Game Night Out team, we’ve seen our marketing efficiency double!